Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 1 - The Start



To me an airplane is a great place to diet..........


 To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.

 Woke early finished packing and found a taxi to the airport. American Airlines was totally on schedule and the security force seemed to be in a very jolly mood. After I put my clothes back on and repacked my PC ....found my gate and had a seat. 


When my area was called and  boarded...I had a middle seat.....in between two people that didn't know each other...darn!. We settled in and plane took off  early.  My seat mates, a woman on holiday with friends, and a man going home for 5 weeks. My the end of the flight numbers were exchanged and he is now a FB friend.








Immigration....."What Parrish are you staying? Don't know, think more than one..."Its OK most folks don't know I will put Christ Church...OK?" Sure!..Stamp Stamp. Out to find my suitcases.....Less than 10 steps and baggage claim. The usual people pushing you aside so they can stand and watch your suitcase go by...Grabbed one of mine, and gave this man a look that clearly said move! He did...rescued my other one and off we went to customs..
"Do you have any food stuffs" Yes, coffee. "Enjoy Barbados" The entire process including lines took less than 10 minutes. Very efficient and polite. Nice start.






Waited for Bobbi a few minutes....Up she drove..and it was a family reunion!. Bags in car and off we went.Like we had grown up together.. Non stop talking and a short tour during our drive. On to Golden Sands Hotel. Bobbi is a friend from another lifetime, of that I am sure.




This is souse..a national dish. I had a specially  made chicken one made and saved for me. Thank you again Bobbi...Pickled meat, and Pudding made from veggies and (I am sure) fat!..



There is karaoke..non stop...and the people who sing are great! Professionals I think. Huge crowd of diverse people will all sorts of musical taste...Lots of Country singers..Who knew ? Not me. Hours past and I was still fully being entertained. Meet a new friend Ann as well as relatives and friends of Sue, Margaret, and Bobbi.

Then it was on to Pebbles Beach:
Softest sand I ever walked on...gentle beautiful Water...Nice....Have touched water..all happy now! Right down the sand Cruising Club..stopped for some refreshment...Meet Natasha...Friend of Bobbi's..I think Bobbi knows EVERYONE on Barbados. Nice place...great view.Like the Vibe...Will return!...


Hungry again..(Smile)...so stopped at Blakly's for coconut water and salad...Right on the beach too. Lovely sunset...Now off to Bridgetown for a night tour....Coming back during the day. I will have fun here. Lots to see and poke through. There is a place at the harbor for a drink at some point.






Torrents of rain coming down as we head West to Gibbs Bay Inn....Pouring still when we arrived...Out came Dexter with an umbrella and easily handled my luggage. Shown to an amazing room. Did I say room? Its like a private villa. Huge Bedroom, with a bed large enough for 6 (hmmm). Kitchen, Dinning room and table for 8. Humongous terrace with 2 sofas 2 gigantic armchairs coffee table ceiling fans.....View of all and pool. Toby( Inn owner) comes to greet me and give me some vital Inn info. Breakfast at 8:30 by the pool...... WOW! Even the rain  can't dampen my spirit!....


Now for a good nights sleep............

2 comments: