Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lazy Tuesday......Oh wait! I am on Vacation!

A true traveler finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of her liberty-her excessive freedom. She accepts her boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure....and fades quickly.......:)



Wake to a Sunny and (as very usual HOT day). Quick swim in the lovely, beautiful, amazing Ocean. Could have stayed all day. Strangely doing "nothing" bothers me.Think an adjustment is needed here. Don't you? Anyway..... left the sea to go upstairs and get dressed. As if in rebuttal, the rains come....Nice watch for a few minutes....but the nagging starts again. "Don't just sit there. Do something!"...."OK!!" Shhhesh!



What to do? How about shopping? Always nice...What do you want? How about some food and drink? OK.....there is a large market a few blocks away. I will get a few items and take a walk at the same time...Just an item or two.


Just a few items


Market is fun. Items I have not seen before. Lose myself. An hour or more later, my few items are overflowing the cart. Hmmm.  Maybe walk back and forth a few times? Will not tell you how much it costs. Just know that almost everything costs more here. I thought NYC was high priced with groceries, and it is. This tab was not shocking, 'cause I was price checking as I went along. Ask the checkout/cashier person about holding bags while I take some with me."Oh there is a van service free of charge"....Hurray! Thanks...I even get help to the van. Nice way to shop. Bring my bounty back...Refrigerator looks like I will be here for months...But most is still liquid or some sort or another...Should have some friends over...Wonder if I can have a party here?


People check in on me. Brad and a friend may drop in for awhile...Dinner plans made with Ann and Bobbi. Rain has stopped. Take another walk around my area and do some totally free window shopping...and chat with several new folks.






Learn more about costumes being created for the Parade at the end of Crop Over. Bajans as a whole seem really into this celebration. Much planning and designing is done for months(maybe a year) ahead of this event. Seems to me the concept of the costumes is to war as little as possible while looking as good as can be! Ladies as usual wear much less than the men...Always wonder about that...:)


Spent a few hours with Brad and his friend Gail. Was a pleasant way to pass an afternoon. We watched a rainstorm approach from the safety of my covered terrace, while having interesting conversations about varied topics. Happily the rain got bored with us and went away.


Next up was dinner. Hopped into a Van..I am getting really comfortable with asking and getting help with where to get out( should explain...van is a private car that picks up lots of folks and drops them where they ask which may or may not be a designated stop), Let me off right in front of the Restaurant.



Ann and Sue were already there and up some stairs we went. Just one word about the food here.... YUMMY!...Tiny, intimate place. Seemed to me that there was one person working in front..For all I know he did the cooking too!. Limited menu...Jamaican Fare. Had some kind of fruity drink and the Jerk Chicken. Delicious and the prices are extremely reasonable. Nice evening. Lots of laughter and got to know Ann a little better.





After dinner I got a happy surprise....the way home lead to Bobbi's house were I was given a bag of Mangoes and a bottle of coconut water to take back with me...Finally I will have a Bajan mango!! Thank you Bobbi! Again!!


Once home...lost no time eating and totally enjoying one of these delicious treats....Coconut water for tomorrow...

Nice lazy day....I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment