Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 6 - How can you get tired on vacation?

 Vacations are your best chance in the year to get in some real living, to get out of the job-as-life box, off automatic pilot, and rediscover your passions, enthusiasms, friends, family, and the vitality of partaking in the world outside career brain-lock........



Bright, Sunny, Beautiful day. Waves rolling in and the birds chirping away. Beautiful Barbados! Time to see what this Hotel has to offer. My usual cups of coffee feel so good. My room is chilly, so door to terrace is open and Ocean sound  is my accompaniment...





The Barbados Hilton is a beautiful place. The people who work here are very friendly, and extremely helpful too. I had very few wants, but seemed that people were figuring out what I needed before I did. This is a large Hotel, and yet many employees greeted me by name after meeting me just once. Really an excellent added extra! Makes each guest feel special. Thanks you to all.






Decided to take a vacation from my vacation day. Lazed at the beach, swam in the Ocean...then lazed some more. Spent the day making sure my chair was in the shade...:)..Eventually I was hungry, and took myself to Cuz's...um shack? He is located on Pebble Beach, an easy walk from the Hilton. For $7BD bought (and devoured) a very devious fish cutter sandwich for lunch. Watched  him  grill it.... Washed it down with a Ginger Beer...Very good lunch. Happy me!


Cuz's Place


Back to the beach ...to nap...Under the Umbrella and think about moving and doing something.....nah, no need...I will just stay here.....Woke with the Sun in my eyes....Reluctantly left the beach...Back to terrace...same view..no sand...in the shade...All is wonderful.




More Rum Punch and dinner with Bobbi.....Nice Piano bar at hotel and Sushi/Tapas choice was perfect...Watched the entertainment at the Pool Bar from out seats.....Then the rains came. At night...No problem.


 Another wonderful day comes to an end...

No comments:

Post a Comment