Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along... Rumi

The reason for traveling is to regulate imagination by adding reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.....

A week has gone by so quickly..(well in 7 days!). Feels like I just got here and like I have always been at the same time.  The area I have been traveling in is familiar and I have even given out some directions..( stop laughing!)


Plans for a day trip to Bathsheba got cancelled...postponed till next week. Took a short spin around Bridgetown....got some Souse..chicken again...and lazed at the Beach and Pool of the Hilton. This was a beautiful day ....simply beautiful. Music, lovely breezes, nice folks all around me. My disappointment  over changed plans faded as I swam in the beautiful Ocean...and lazed by the pool. No place to feel anything but....bliss.


Then it is time for THE  Wedding!






Shower and dress...and off I go in the sudden rain, to Waterside Restaurant at the St. Lawrence Gap via my first taxi ride in Barbados. In just a few minutes driver stops and point across the road. "Just there". OK....after about 10 steps...I realize he has taken (and left me) at the WaterFRONT Cafe....in Bridgetown  It has stopped raining...but, no wedding here. So.....into another taxi after having a short discussion with the driver who checked with a third ...






and once again on my way to the wedding! Only....seems that out of nowhere..there is a very long traffic jam. Driver says can't be. Yes, it can!....OK so only 15 minutes late, but I am now at The Waterside Restaurant in the St. Lawrence Gap....in Barbados!

The wedding of Zak and Holly was Simple, Beautiful and Intimate....Loving and joyous.




The guests were all family of the Bride, and one of her friends...all from the US. Zak had me..It was a true honor to be asked to attend. I enjoyed every minute...Even the extra taxi ride.

Two become one

Finally smiles....Nerves gone

Zak and I bonded over a breakfast on the first morning of our stays in Barbados. Finalized our friendship over our having twin cameras and being without any family or traditional friends in this land. Days later, Zak has a whole new family and I a whole lot of real friends. What a difference a week makes.

Mr. and Mrs



No comments:

Post a Comment