Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You say you can cook?....OK yes please do so...


The traveler sees whats she sees.  The tourist sees what she has come to see..........







Wake to a really dark room. Phone is ringing.... Brad." Good morning". Morning? Its still dark..NO, oh no...Deluge rain....monster clouds. The world is dark.  "Hi Brad." Yawn..."Call you when I wake up".

Now this is not a nice way to treat me Barbados. I am lodging a complaint! Forecast - rain...followed by...rain...and also periods of rain.. It is beyond humid. Glass doors to balcony are fogged up. When sleep eludes me...well only one thing to do...Make a pot of coffee...Oh and see if anything good is on TV. So happy I have a kitchen! Make an omelet too. Its a stay in PJ's and bed (or couch) day.


I love food, and, I love everything involved with food,  love the fun of it,  love restaurants,  love cooking, although I don't cook very much..... I love kitchens...well coffee pots. I make a great cup (pot) of coffee.





Call Brad back. He offers to cook for me! Like this lots. Have not had a home cooked meal here, and didn't think I would.. Will be a treat..."What would you like to have"?."  "Surprise me".  Bet he will use more than the coffee pot and skillet. Hope so at any rate! Dinner plans made are set.What to do with the day though?


Sunshine through the clouds

Eventually the day does get marginally lighter. By 3:30 it looks like dawn.Take a quick swim, just can't resist..Water is so great and get dressed. My hope for the night: would like to see stars and the Moon would be an added bonus. We will eat on my balcony unless the rain drives us in. 


 A good cook is the peculiar gift of the gods. He must be a perfect creature from the brain to the palate, from the palate to the finger's end



Will have a chance to find out if he can back up his claims...




Dinner was great! Salt fish. veggies and mashed potato. My contribution was a drink I concocted....Bajan A..Maybe mango for desert?



Weather cooperated too, beautiful night...though no Moon to see...So put in  my own. Waves provide really nice accompaniment to good food and conversation. Brad, you can cook for me anytime. Thank you.

P.S....Had a great lunch with Margaret at Tapas Restaurant...very modern interior. Amazing view of waves crashing right beneath your feet. We went there on a rainy Sunday. Were hungry and many places closed till dinner. Food was really great and the menu varied and interesting. Could have spent lots of $$ but we chose wisely and bill was OK. Would think that at night view would be even better!!. Only criticism we wee offered a free drink that never arrived.... We mentioned it once....then after a few more minutes left without it being served. Seems silly to offer and then not deliver. Otherwise great place to spend a lazy afternoon....or evening!

1 comment: